1. Mirror, mirror, in my cage - yes, we love mirrors. Mess with them at your own risk. Nothing better come between a budgie and their mirror!
2. Honey seed/millet spray. This is the best treat ever and you'd be hard pressed to find a budgie that doesn't absolutely LOVE it. In fact, mommy said one of the parakeets she had as a teen, Petsy, would turn over the food bowl if she didn't mix in enough honey seed for his liking. I'm not quite that obsessive about it, but I do expect to find a fresh honey stick or millet spray in my cage every day.
3. Sitting in windows and watching the outside. Man, the shenanagins the wild birds get into! The activity at that feeder is like watching a talk show. And sometimes the small birds will be bold enough to come outside the window and try to talk to me!
4. Vocalizing. Budgies either sing or talk, and whichever we do, we love to do it. One of my favorite things is to sit in the window and sing. I serenade the bird in the mirror quite frequently.
5. Hanging out with our flock. We share this one with our bigger parrot bretheren. Folks, your birdie buddies love you and the best thing you can do for us is to hang out with us. Let us watch TV with you. Talk to us. Play music for us and dance like the silly humans you are (that REALLY amuses us). Have movie and popcorn night. Share healthy snacks with us. We're your friends - we just happen to have feathers.
So there you have it - a budgie's top 5. See, we aren't hard to please. In fact, I'd say we're quite easy to make happy.
That's all today. Take care and have a great week.