1. Staring at them. Blink as little as possible. And when they ask you what's up, give them one of those long, low growls.
2. Point and shake your wings at absolutely nothing. This works great if you point toward a hallway or a room where nobody's at and nothing is going on. When they ask what you're pointing out, do the long, low growl again. (Who says bird growls aren't effective or intimidating?) If they're superstitous, they'll think you saw a ghost!
3. Be silent and hide in the back of your cage when they come home. If they call, don't answer. Yea, they say our screaming is something, but let us be quiet when they expect a greeting and they freak!
4. Beat the crap out of one of your toys. Scream, squawk, throw it around and get angry. Tumble around. Get in your happy hut, shake around and grunt. Make them wonder what the hell you're doing.
5. Strategic pooping. Anything freshly cleaned is a great place for a dirty bomb: just mopped floors, fresh laundry, a just-cleaned cage. Getting a shirt when they're on their way out is a good trick too.
6. Shoveling your seed. This is especially good if you act really mad while you do it. and even better if you do it just after a cage cleaning, paper change, or vacumning.
7. Chewing a hole in your cover and peeking at them when you're supposed to be sleeping. I always feel like somebody's watching me!!
8. Flying when they think your wings are clipped. Of course, this often results in another session of "birdy barber shop" and you get "grounded" for a few months, but the freakout over your takeoff can be worth it! Don't try this if your parronts have a heart condition and NEVER do it outside. This is an inside trick only!
9. Having an UBE (Unidentified Bird Emergency). Just scream and raise hell for no good reason. Refuse to be appeased.
10. Play "footsies up." For some reason, humans think it's cute when dogs play dead but when birds do it - not so funny.
Hee hee hee. Halloween fun and games aren't just for humans! So have fun this Halloween but remember to stay safe.
Happy Friday to you tomorrow. Have a great weekend.