· Take an antibiotic once a day. It taste like pina colada, so I don’t resist it too much. Of course, I have to run and flap and give mommy and daddy a fit catching me to give me my dose every day. I can’t let them think I’m becoming subservient to them, after all!
· Eat more Vitamin A. We birds tend to get Vitamin A deficient when we get respiratory infections. Mommy got me some carrots and sweet potato. I hate them. They have yet to shove that crap in my beak. I can move faster than they can!
· Sit under a heat lamp periodically. I’m supposed to stay warm. I dipped myself in my water dish during today's treatment session.
· A 20 minute “steam treatment” every day. This is done by mommy sitting my cage in the bathroom while she takes her shower every night. I sit and glower while Chloe throws a fit wondering what the heck’s going on. We have a good system going there.
· My tests also showed an increase in yeast, so no bread for me until I’m all healed up. Boo!
I am improving. My voice isn’t all the way back yet, but I am more energetic and I’m eating better and playing more. I still sleep a little more than usual, and the medicine did a number on my tummy. I know now what mommy meant when she said that the first few days of treatment leave you wondering whether the illness or the cure is worse. Side effects suck! But I’m adjusting and showing signs of improvement every day.
Thanks again for checking in and for your care and concern. You’re all such great friends! I’ll be sure to keep you posted on my progress.