1. You think she needs "pink therapy?" Yes, she gets teased a bit about her preference for the color pink. Perhaps it's the "little girl" part of her that never went away. But truth is, she's perilously close to needing "yellow therapy" as well. If pink isn't available then yellow is her automatic second pick, and as such she has almost as much yellow as she does pink!
2. She does like arts and crafts. She used to do counted cross stitching, and she did ok at that but gave it up temporarily to focus on her writing, which is starting to pick up. Every now and then she'll buy little woodwork projects and paint them for use around the house. For example, today she bought a little storage box and some craft paint and is painting that and 2 small birdhouses that didn't work out in the yard, but that she thinks might be good "indoor decorations." She hopes she will have time to return to stitching someday soon, and that at some point in the future she can take up more "crafty" projects.
3. Mommy likes technology and is good with computers, cell phones and other cool devices, but there's one bit of technology she's a complete igit at: Gaming. She knows nothing about gaming systems or online gaming. All she knows is from watching daddy do it.
4. You know her bachelor's degree is in psychology, but did you know her secondary studies were in education? Yep, she worked day care while in college.
5. Mommy doesn't like to cook, and she came from a long line of foremothers that didn't like to cook either. We have the cleanest house in probably this part of the world, but no culinary experiments are happening in our kitchen.
6. For all those heavy songs and videos she shares, she isn't all hard rock. She listens to Christian radio a fair bit, and she also has some new age CD's in her car for particularly stressful days.
7. Mommy has never had a dog. Ever. It's not that she has anything against them; she's just never had them. She's a "bird person" by nature, just like her granddaddy. She got her first bird at age 10.
8. She always likes to have some sort of personal project going on. Most of the time it's related to writing (like the novel she's working on now) or improving the house (like the birdhouse project she just finished).
9. She used to be a musician. She took piano lessons for a few years, then quit that to play the flute in the band in middle school, high school, and a couple of years in college. She quit when she was 20 because she didn't have enough time to practice and improve, so she decided to focus on finishing her degree. And once that was done she decided to give her lifelong dream of being a writing a try - so now she's a writer.
10. She's cold natured. Oh my goodness, she can be chilly when it's 80 degrees. And there's no medical reason for this - she's perfectly healthy and has no issues or conditions that cause it. She's just cold a lot.
So there you have a few facts about mommy. I know Mother's Day is about human mommies with human babies and we don't celebrate it here, but I have a human mommy and wanted for you to get to know her a bit.
That's all today. Take care. Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!